Subject: Copyright
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 15:40:32 -0400 (EDT)

[email-masked] wrote:

> Wrong; You are not allowed to copy an object in such a way that it would
> "compete" with the original model. However if you take a picture of say
> one a matchbox car that picture would not "compete" with the original
> model.

Copyright protects the original author of a work against loss of income.
If you take a frame from a movie and put it on t-shirts you sell, you're
not competing with the movie--in fact, it could be argued that you're
helping to advertise it for free--but it's a violation of copyright and
you can be successfully sued.  The notion of "competition" only enters
for similar (not identical) trademarks used in different market spheres.

- Ernie

--
Ernie Wright <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]